I am a systems girl and a numbers geek. I like to categorize, list, and quantify things that are by nature subjective. Here is where I break down my thought process for you:
For the most part, I’m a bit all or nothing. My time is precious to me, so I tend to be selective about shows. This selectivity comes in the form of categorizing shows in an effort to determine those that will fall by the way side. I find it a highly efficient way to go about my TV watching habits.
- Obsessed - a show that inspires an abnormal amount of interest, checking at least one (if not all) of the boxes
- I Am Amused – a show that entertains me and engages me, but doesn’t inspire an obsessive devotion
- Undecided - a show that will require a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd viewing before a judgement can be made
- Meh – a show that is neither bad nor good, but doesn’t trigger a stronger emotional response
- Conflicted - a show that, for all intents and purposes, should qualify for a Kill Me Now or Meh designation, yet somehow keeps me engaged. Perhaps otherwise known as a guilty pleasure.
- Kill Me Now - a show I will never watch again. Not ever!
Regularly Scheduled Programming
While this blog is a somewhat daily reflection of various TV shows and other notable happenings centered around the people who embody the characters of said TV shows; the following are regular features to help round out my thoughts.
- Throwback Thursday. Monthly I will review an entire series that has since ended its run. Also known as an excuse to watch Netflix for hours on end.
- Sci Fi Friday. Back in the day, the Sci Fi channel (before they became the much-less awesome and watchable SyFy channel) showcased their top shows on Friday. Coming home from work on Friday, ordering a pizza, and watching shows such as Farscape, or Battlestar Galactica became a ritual. This post is dedicated to rediscovering amazing science fiction on television, or streaming online.
- Quantification. I may have mentioned that I like lists? Well, I do. This post is dedicated to my lists.
- Obsession Nuggets. It happens that I can become fixated on a certain actor/actress for a period of time. Devouring any of their work I can get my hands on. Or, Twitter-stalking them. Sometimes these obsessions last for but a moment in time; other times, they become a permanent resident within my pop-culture addled brain. This is a post dedicated to the more obsessive side of my entertainment diet.
- 2nd Chance. Upon occasion I will give a show a 2nd chance to impress me. This is usually the result of critical praise and/or a recommendation from a friend. This will typically occur during hell-atus when there is nothing else to watch. (The most successful example of the is The Vampire Diaries, which moved from Meh to Obsessed thanks to TWoP and sitting down with the DVD’s after Season 1).
I reserve the right to amend this post at any time.